Botox St. Louis
Botox Cosmetic Injection Technique Information
Receive Botox for $11/unit Everyday
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, non-surgical procedure that smoothes the deep, persistent lines between your brows.
Botox Procedure Information
- A few tiny injections relaxes the muscles that cause the lines to form and keeps them relaxed for up to 4 months.
Side Effects from Botox
- Possible slight temporary bruising at the injection site.
- Possible headache, asymmetry, twitching, drooping of the eyelids or eyebrows.
Recovery from Botox Injections
- Most patients return to work or normal activity immediately following the treatment.
Botox Injection Fees
More Botox Information
BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are biological toxins (botulinum toxin) transformed into a therapeutic agent. Work with Botox began in the late 1960s to treat neurological disorders. Today, Botox is used for the treatment of frown lines, forehead furrows, “crow’s feet,” lines and wrinkles of the lower face, and even nasal muscles (to decrease nostril flaring). Botox injections have proven to be a very popular nonsurgical cosmetic procedure; see current American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) statistics. Aesthetic plastic surgeons have found that the type of lines and wrinkles that respond to Botox injections are those caused by the muscles-specifically those muscles that contract during facial expressions such as frowning or squinting.
Botox Injection Technique
The patient is asked to contract the muscles in the area being treated to determine the proper location for injection. In most cases, Botox is injected directly into the muscle with a tiny needle. It takes a few days to realize the effect of Botox injections.
Benefits of Botox Injections
- No downtime. Patients can immediately resume normal activities.
- Long experience has proven Botox to be safe. To date, no systemic complications associated with Botox injections have been documented.
- Treatment is reversible within several months.
- May be beneficial for treatment of migraine headaches.
- Botox injections are a temporary solution for the treatment of wrinkles. The effects last from 3-4 months and require repeat treatments.
- Possible side effects include local numbness, swelling, bruising, or a burning sensation during injection. Some patients have reported temporary headache and nausea. Most complications are of short duration and can be avoided with proper injection techniques.
- A small percentage of patients are reported to experience no improvement at all.