Conveniently located to serve St. Louis
Receive Botox for $12/unit Everyday
BOTOX® Cosmetic in St. Louis is a simple, non-surgical procedure that smoothes the deep, persistent lines between your brows, along with fine wrinkles around the eyes, horizontal forehead wrinkles, and more.
Botox Procedure Information
- A few tiny injections relax the muscles that cause the lines to form and keep them relaxed for up to 4 months.
Side Effects from Botox
- Possible slight temporary bruising, swelling, or redness at the injection site.
- Possible headache, asymmetry, twitching, drooping of the eyelids or eyebrows.
Recovery from Botox Injections
- Most patients return to work or normal activity immediately following the treatment without requiring any sort of downtime or recovery time. Avoiding alcohol and sun exposure for a short time is recommended to prevent exacerbation of swelling/bruising/redness.
Botox Injection Fees
More Botox Information
BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are biological toxins (botulinum toxin) transformed into therapeutic agents. Botox is a neuromodulator used to block nerve signals to contracted and stiff facial muscles, allowing them to relax. This allows the overlying skin to relax and become smooth, making wrinkles disappear.
THE USES OF BOTOX
Work with Botox began in the late 1960s to treat neurological disorders. Today, Botox is used for the treatment of frown lines, forehead furrows, “crow’s feet,” lines and wrinkles of the lower face, and even nasal muscles (to decrease nostril flaring). It is also often used to address hyperhidrosis (excess sweating in regions like the underarms), treat migraine headaches, and contour the jaw and jawline.
Botox injections have proven to be a very popular nonsurgical cosmetic procedure; see current American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) statistics. Aesthetic plastic surgeons have found that the type of lines and wrinkles that respond to Botox injections are those caused by the muscles-specifically those muscles that contract during facial expressions such as frowning or squinting.
Botox is not ideal for moderate to harsh lines around the nose and mouth, including marionette lines, parentheses lines, and nasolabial folds. It cannot restore volume to the cheeks or be used as a lip filler. For these cosmetic uses, consider the many injectable dermal filler products we offer.
Botox Injection Technique
The patient is asked to contract the muscles in the area being treated to determine the proper location for injection. At the start of the procedure, the areas are cleaned. The treatment regions are then marked to serve as a guide for the injector.
A topical numbing cream or local anesthetic may be administered to the treatment areas in order to provide a comfortable and pain-free treatment session. In most cases, Botox is injected directly into the muscle with a tiny needle. It takes a few days to realize the effect of Botox injections.
Benefits of Botox Injections
- No downtime. Patients can immediately resume normal activities.
- Long experience has proven Botox to be safe. To date, no systemic complications associated with Botox injections have been documented.
- Treatment is reversible within several months.
- May be beneficial for the treatment of migraine headaches.
- Botox injections are a temporary solution for the treatment of wrinkles. The effects last from 3-4 months and require repeat treatments.
- Possible side effects include local numbness, swelling, bruising, or a burning sensation during injection. Some patients have reported temporary headaches and nausea. Most complications are of short duration and can be avoided with proper injection techniques.
- A small percentage of patients are reported to experience no improvement at all.
Arrange Your Consultation
Get started with Botox in St. Louis by contacting the office of Dr. Paul Rottler and arranging your consultation. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding Botox and our many other aesthetic options.