Labiaplasty St. Louis
Labiaplasty is the surgical reduction of the labia minora, the inner lips of the vagina. It is an increasingly popular cosmetic surgery procedure. Women often consider treatment for what can be an embarrassing condition – labia enlargement. Surgery is performed by Dr. Paul Rottler here at our Seven Oaks Surgery Center under general anesthesia and usually takes less than one hour.
Labial enlargement can be due to heredity, aging, pregnancy, or other causes. The surgical goal is to reduce the size of a woman’s labia minora and make them more symmetrical so they don’t protrude or hang beyond the labia majora. Women often consider the surgery for the following reasons:
- Labial enlargement can be seen through clothing or observed in intimate situations
- Painful intercourse
- Psychosocial and functional difficulties
- $4100 and up
Fees include the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia, surgery center fees, and all ongoing follow up visits.
- Minimal discomfort is experienced and can be relieved by applying ice and rest
- Bruising and swelling usually subsides within 2 weeks post-op
- Avoid sexual encounters and significant physical exertion and exercise for 1 month post-op
Labiaplasty surgery has a high degree of patient satisfaction and success. Results can last a lifetime. Complications are infrequent but can include hematoma, infection, and wound breakdown.