Laser Hair Removal with GentleLASE System St. Louis
BUY ONE AREA GET ONE AREA FREE!
(of equal or lesser value)
What is the Candela GentleLASE laser and why is it a safe treatment?
Lasers have been used for many years for a variety of medical cosmetic procedures including treatment of facial and leg veins, age spots and rejuvenating the skin on the face. The GentleLASE System is a revolutionary long-pulse high energy alexandrite laser that emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle where is absorbed. The laser energy is transformed into heat, which destroys the hair follicle leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. The skin is further protected during treatment by a Dynamic Cooling Device&tm; where cryogen is sprayed onto the skin cooling the upper layers and providing patients with increased comfort. The GentleLASE selectivity helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
Which areas can be targeted using GentleLASE laser hair removal?
GentleLASE hair removal treatments can treat a variety of areas:
- Bikini Line/Brazilian
What precautions should be taken before and after treatment?
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment or until your practitioner allows it.
- You must avoid electrolysis, plucking or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have had a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
- If you have a dark skin type, a bleaching cream may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment to optimize results.
- You should discuss your desired results and the improvements you expect to achieve with you practitioner. Together you can decide if your expectations will be met and if this laser treatment is the best option.
Does the laser hair removal procedure hurt?
Most of the patients describe the procedure as causing moments of discomfort, but it is not typically considered painful. The amount of discomfort one experiences varies according to the individual and treated area.
Some patients don’t feel anything, while others experience a warm sensation. Usually, if the candidate has thicker or coarser hair, they are more likely to feel sensations like warmth or discomfort.
Once the treatment is over, the skin might experience mild temporary redness.
How many treatments will I need?
Hair grows in cycles. The number of treatments required depends upon your skin color, hair color and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 5-6 treatments as the process is only effective on hair during the early growing cycle, repeat sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.
Do I need to wait between laser hair removal sessions?
Yes. The treatments must be performed about 6 weeks apart, since this makes it possible to target hairs throughout their growth cycle. It is important that you don’t epilate or wax in between the treatments.
How long do the results of laser hair removal last?
Laser hair removal produces results that are long-lasting and sometimes permanent. The results will vary for every individual.
Is laser hair removal covered by insurance?
Most insurance companies do not offer reimbursement for the cost of cosmetic procedures.
Laser Hair Removal Fees
- Bikini line – $125 per treatment
- Full bikini- $150 per treatment
- Underarms – $75 per treatment
- Upper Lip – $75 per treatment
- Chin – $75 per treatment
- Neck – $100 per treatment
- Lower Legs – $250-$300 per treatment
- Full Legs – $500-$550 per treatment
These are the most common areas requested. Please call for pricing on all other areas or to schedule a free consultationregarding laser hair removal in St. Louis.